Accomplished tech executive who leads engineers by example with expertise driving global software development organizations, infrastructure/operations teams, technology and product strategy, and the architecture of highly scalable systems. First-hand experience growing from startup through successful IPO and as a public company.
I lead ChannelAdvisor's global engineering organization (120+ engineers) developing SaaS e-commerce software for large brands and retailers around the world.
- Responsible for all software development, technology strategy, and cloud/datacenter/network operations. Reporting to the CEO.
- Strong software development and enterprise architecture experience building high performance, distributed systems that process tens of thousands of operations per second and over $10B in online sales per year.
- Led the creation of two offshore engineering offices (Madrid and Shanghai) and the integration of multiple offices into a cohesive, global engineering organization with members across the U.S., Spain, Ireland, China, and United Kingdom.
- Disciplined stewardship of an annual R&D budget greater than $20M.
- M&A experience including integration of engineering teams and product lines from domestic and international acquisitions.
- Key roles from startup through successful IPO in 2013.
- Extensive experience with public company disclosure, financial, auditing, and compliance concerns.
- Fostered Agile (SCRUM and kanban) development and testing methodologies.
- Transitioned to continuous delivery development and deployment model with multiple deployments to production every day with zero downtime.
- Developed a leadership team of highly technical managers who lead people, projects, and software architecture for their teams.
- Tech stack for hybrid cloud architecture includes C#, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, gRPC, NGINX, AWS, VMWare, Microsoft Windows, and Linux.
- One of four developers who created Microsoft Visual Studio Team System's HTTP web load testing product.
- Personally responsible for the Web Test Recorder, coded web tests (including C# and VB.NET code generation), the WebTestFramework object model/API, and much of the highly multi-threaded web load test execution engine.
- Expert at HTTP protocol and high performance execution.
- Published a paper on MSDN about techniques for testing the performance of web applications.
- Patent granted for a secure and scalable way to distribute version controlled files to remote sites over HTTP.
- Developed a web application to enable clients' customer service agents to view online order details.
- Developed web applications to manage reports on competitors' products and compare hardware diagnostic results.
Granted August 30, 2016
Patent for a system to represent diverse product taxonomies and data requirements in a standard way and a method to reduce the number of unique data mappings.
Granted May 5, 2011
Patent for a novel method to securely distribute and cache version-controlled files using standard, unsecured HTTP proxy servers.
40 Under 40 Award by Triangle Business JournalApril 2015
The 40 Under 40 awards recognize outstanding professionals under the age of 40 for their contributions to their organizations and to the community.
- English - native
- Spanish - conversational (B2)
- Head coach of youth soccer teams in the spring and fall seasons.
- Review applications and interview candidates for the NC State Park Scholarship program, the top academic scholarship at the university.
- Led weekly groups of volunteers building concrete block homes for underprivileged families during the summers near Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico.